Image Map

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Facts of Me

My head is a little here, there and everywhere this week.  Thank goodness Whitney is hosting this fun one-day link-up today. It's perfect, really, as I realize I have quite a few newish followers. Plus, there is probably a lot my long-time followers don't know about me.  I had fun coming up with a few little facts about me, although it took way longer than I expected it to. Enjoy!!

Welcome to ...


Here are some things you may or may not know about me:

- I think ketchup and ranch mixed together is the perfect dipping sauce for fries ... or cheeseballs ... or onion rings. Try it. It will change your life.

- I have a strange shut-off-my-brain-and-go-to-sleep strategy -- I tell myself a story in my head.  No, I won't share any of my stories.  They're super personal.  But it absolutely works.  Ten or fifteen minutes and I'm OUT.

- I have authored and self-published three novels.  I've actually mentioned this lots of times on here, but I'm super proud, so I'm saying it again.

- I am a tea hoarder. I have so many different kinds of tea in my cupboard, it's ridiculous.

- I have met and interviewed the current President of the United States.  I don't care if you disagree with his politics, this is still cool.  And if you leave me a hateful comment, it will be removed.

- When I watch musicals -- especially "RENT," "Spring Awakening" and "Pitch Perfect" -- I like to sing along.  This is why I watch most of them alone.  No one wants to hear that.

- I have no idea how to put on liquid eyeliner.  I feel like a sham of a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant.

- If I'm really nervous or anxious about something, I will make several trips to the restroom.

- I put ice in my orange juice.

- The word "hubby" makes me cringe.

- My high school graduating class had 43 people in it.  And I was related to at least a fourth of them to some degree.

- Attending a live baseball game is my favorite escape from reality.  I call it my nine-inning vacation.  Sometimes, there's even bonus baseball.

- Driving next to a semi freaks me out like nothing else. 

- My biggest guilty pleasure TV show is "Maury."  But only the paternity test episodes.  I love trying to figure it out whether or not Maury will say, "You ARE the father."

- I have never traveled outside the United States.  Someday I will though.  Mark it.

- When I stay in hotel rooms with two beds, I always choose the bed furthest from the door.

So, there's a little glimpse of me.
How many of you did I lose?  
Ha ha.

11 comments:

  1. When Rent came out on DVD there was no one in this world that could stop me from full out performing Take Me Or Leave Me. Really though.

    Also, the fact that "hubby" makes you cringe instantly makes you on the top of my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know I'm in hotels at least 2 nights/ week and I totally do that too. Sometimes I even arrange the pillows like a person. If a murderer gets in, I trust he will wake me while he's murdering pillows and I will escape...out the window?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, am a tea addict. Nothing is better than a good cup of tea. When I went to the UK last year for work, I was in HEAVEN. The tea is amazing beyond your wildest imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I graduated with 85 I believe. It was 89 when I was applying to colleges but I know some didn't graduate! And some of them I had gone to school with since preschool.

    honeyandnutmeg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I work for MK and can't put on liquid eyeliner. I've tried, I almost blinded myself.

    When I stay in a motel/hotel, I pick the bed closest to the bathroom. I seem to have to pee in the middle of the night a lot. :/

    And you know how I feel about attending baseball games- it's my happy place!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I HATE the word hubby!!! Drives me nuts. And even though I disagree with him on almost everything, it's still an awesome honor for you to have interviewed him!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GIIIIRL. When did you meet and interview the president?! This is a story I need to hear :)

    xoxo,
    samm @ dysfunctionaleverafter.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did you get to interview the President? So cool! I would love to interview a president, even if he wasn't my favorite. I also am a tea hoarder. I think it drives my husband insane, but sometimes you want mint, sometimes fruity or sometimes vanilla. They are all different.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm super jealous you've met Obama! :)

    I can't put on liquid eyeliner either - it just smears and is a messed up mess on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm LOVING reading these and getting to know more about you, Micah!

    I'm a recent tea hoarder! I just started drinking it and I've been buying it like crazy! SO many options, so many kinds!

    I've never been out of the US (well, to Canada but I don't count that really) either.

    These are such fun facts! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover